Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Make Someone's Day


I always have this dream. A dream that the world would be a beautiful place, where everyone would be happy and in love. Where there are smiles and celebration and peace in peoples hearts. Where hands strecth out to help and fold up in gratitude. Where eye's lift up in hope and sparkle in achievement. Where when people talk, flowers bloom. What a wonderful world that would be !
And when I wake up, I ask myself, how can I contribute today. I have found great sense of achievement and joy in "Making Someone's Day ! Everyday !" Its so simple to do it. A smile, a compliment, an unexpected gift, a hand written letter, a wink, a pat on the back, a word of encouragement, a hug, a helping hand, a kiss, anything that is backed by the intention of love and gratitude, qualifies. No act of kindness or encouragement is too small, infact it goes a long.
I will never forget the comment my fifth grade teacher wrote on my report card, "Very Bright Child". I remember it 22 years later too. I remember losing a race and my mother gave me a hug and said, "You looked so pretty when you were running, your hair bounced like a doll". Losing the race suddenly didnt matter, my mothers words lifted my spirit.
I encourage you today to make some ones day. It costs nothing.
If you have a vision of a better world : Here is your chance to contribute. Love to you,
Priya
www.priya-kumar.com

10 comments:

Vishal said...

Wow. That is so simple and I can do it each day, but I don't think I do. I'll make a conscious effort now and I promise- i'll make someone's day, everyday!

And thank you-- you totally made mine :o)

Anuj :) said...

Awww.. That is soo amazing. I will make someone's day, everyday!! I promise.
This sounds so cool. By making one person smile, I am making a difference to this world.
Thank you so much for the super cool thought. I am sure you are going to make the world a better place to be in!!!
A sincere, heartfelt thanks. :)

Rob said...

i call it " Random acts of kindness"

Nupur said...

I completely align with this article today. I make sure i say atleast a thank you to everyone who offers their services or has been kind.
Thanks for the wonderful Blog

Unknown said...

How often has a smiling cabdriver made your morning?? A small word, a small kind deed, all go a long way in creating an impact on our attitude..Its true, kindness becomes contagious!!

Unknown said...

you have a such a great dream.

it is so good to make some one days great.
i love to meet people and talk to every day some new.
thank you i got one more way to meet new people.

Unknown said...

hey thats so cooool... even i feel like motivated by reading those words. They are so encouraging. I will also apply this. Thanks

Unknown said...

It is always said by you - "What you give always comes back to you", and this statement applies to everything. When i make others happy and be a feel good factor for them i am actually the first one to get happy.
It is a vicious circle, I will make sure that i make others feel good about their presence!!
Thank You again for the excellent blog

Cookie said...

Like raindrops feel on the skin
Words of kindness feel in the heart
A smile can brighten faces
And so many fears a hug embraces

amrita somaya said...

Hi Priya, this is such a cool piece of advice.
What you said is sooo true, and like you say the world is round, what you give is what you get. There have been times when just a smile had cheered me up. I shall make someones day every single day, by such little acts.