Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Make Success a Habit


So many times i have found myself surrounded with people who just dont understand that success is within their reach. It is so easy to be successful. That you will be surprised to know that failing is difficult. But people have developed the habit of doing those things that get them to fail or to make mistakes or just to be negligent. Its a habit, like any other. And its difficult to break, like any other habit.
Success is not built on tips, or more knowledge. You need to be in the habit of doing the things that make you successful. This sometimes is a long and painful process. And sometimes you may need help. A coach or a mentor is ideal who is willing to take responsibility in kicking your butt and making sure you form habits of success.
Will power or burning desire to succeed sometimes takes over the role of a coach. If you have found that in yourself, use it.
The bottom line is, time and hard work being equal, Anil Ambani has different habits than yours. And that is the difference between excellence and mediocrity. That is also the difference between success and failure.
www.priya-kumar.com

12 comments:

amrita somaya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amrita somaya said...

Hi Priya, Good Morning!! This makes sense. I feel its also about getting disciplined in life to do things or make habits that would take me to success. And thats where it gets a little tough. I can start on a project, but midway I just lose the focus, motivation that i had in the start. How do I restore that, so I am on track always?

Unknown said...

So much easier said than done..as amrita pointed out..its hard to keep focus and stay determined throughout any task...so its all about creating the habit!

Nupur said...

Well I have the desire and havent been able to implement the way i should. I get flustered at times looking at so many things i have to do and can do and in the process loose my focus.
Desperately need a coach who can kick my ass.
Expecting the coaching to start from july :)

Anuj :) said...

I will have to create the habit in me. I'll have to get more focused and determined in life. Will definitely make Success a DAILY habit. :) Thanks for the super post.

Priya Kumar said...

Amrita, lack of focus is usually due to lack of interest. You need to find things that resonate with your heart and following that will automatically instill in you the passion and focus you seek :O)

Priya Kumar said...

Hey Nupur,
You have 16 days to meet your targets to begin your coaching.
Buck up :O)

Unknown said...

Hi mam this is really true.
if i want to achieve success it only depends on me and for that i have to be very sharp and good observer.

i will make some habits to make me feel successful.

Unknown said...

Hello, a new tool to learn and apply. It is so powerful, Eating time which is a habit keeps people healthy, some habits like reaching on time for meetings, or office, or even friends makes one feel stable and disciplined,also respectful in front of others eyes.

I am going to start getting up early in the morning and listen to my power album which i feel is a success habit.

Thank you so much for post.

Unknown said...

Hi priya,ya its very true that when ur in some process u need 2 make no errors in it, will power is the key factor in compliting any new thing,one needs to keep his interest alive....
thnx!! ill keep myself motivated all the time...

Unknown said...

so true!!! i am a disciplined person to some extent but i get distracted by some or other thing. I want to become a very successful person & trust me i know i will but right now i dont know what is good for me. I want to know what is right..to do many things at a time or do one thing at a time? please let me know thinking from my point of view as i dont have any one thing in which i can specialize. so if i do one thing as a normal human being does for an eg Job or some small time biz. How will i make it big? Sorry if i sound weired & confused :-)

Vishal said...

this is what i really need-discipline..and building some power habits.. i infact started this morning. i need to know keep it going!
i feel--often i know what the right thing to do is-but i need to actually get down to doing it!